Ad

02 January 2020

Looking at 2019 and zooming into 2020

So a new year has begun. 2020.
First of all wishing everyone a great year ahead.
I wish that whatever you desire for, you are able to achieve it.




As I look back at 2019 during the last few days, I could not help notice that 2019 turned out to be a fairly challenging year for me. 
There is still so much to thank for, but lets just say a lot could have been done better.

Irrespective, A year with lots of learnings and lessons.

Great things for which I am thankful

Here is a list of a few good-great-excellent things which happened last year and I am thankful for :

  1. Got back into the serious gyming habit. I have always been active but this really got me interested in weight lifting and getting stronger. I have kept up with it fairly well in the past few months. 
  2. We moved from Chicago to the Miami area. I wasn't very excited about it and honestly, I am still not. However living in this weather, being able to get outdoors has been a good shift. 
  3. I took a serious break from constant traveling from July onwards. This has been a welcome change. Being able to come home every day is a good thing and often taken for granted. This also brought a lot of predictability in my routine. This gave me a lot of time with my daughter n wife to spend on things that I haven't in the past. 
  4. On the professional front met some excellent people at work. It's also happened after a long time where I am going to an office desk every day. 
  5. On the professional front as well I got engulfed into technology which is absolutely cutting edge and next Gen. Building a complete data lake and data monetization platform using AWS and its stack for infrastructure, data science, and machine learning. A brand new space for me and could pace the way for bigger better things in life ahead. 
  6. My reading continued thru the year and led me to some excellent areas of knowledge and wisdom. Hoping to continue with the same this year.
  7. Spent more time with family than any of the past 4-5 years. Contributed to my daughter's activities much more. 
  8. Took up gardening even more actively due to the tropical climate of Florida.
Among many things which didn't go my way here are few which were in my control and in my analysis could be fixed immediately and in the near future. 
  • Stopped blogging. I got very busy but still no excuse for not writing on topics upon which I have so much to say. 
  • Worrying too much. Led to a lot of unnecessary anxiety and is no good. Hindsight does provide me this perspective now. 
  • Making decisions in desperate situations. Avoid putting myself in situations where the circumstances make decisions for you. 

Things I can Change Immediately

Among things that I can change immediately, blogging is one. So here is committing to better blogging ahead.

My Other focus areas for 2020

Other few things to be done in 2020 are:
  • Stay in the moment but keep a long term view.
  • Focus more on experiences than things.
  • Travel more and see everything we can.
  • Consistently read and write.
  • Build more lean muscles. Get to my 350 lbs on my deadlift.

How has your 2019 been? Any resolutions you have made. Do share your thoughts in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind!
While i take time to write, i love to read what readers think about it. Did the content help you? Do Leave a comment on what you think about this article?

Ad